8-12 AM and 1-5 PM
For more information regarding our services or to schedule an appointment, please call 907-747-3636.
At Sitka Counseling & Prevention Services, we value your privacy and confidentiality. We are fully HIPAA compliant.
24 Hour Emergency Hotline 888.906.4538
Services are provided in a structured, safe, secure, nurturing environment where the children will learn to express and manage their emotions. This will allow them to develop essential skills needed to better function at school, home, and in the community. All services are based upon child goals, objectives and interventions as agreed upon by their clinician and parents/guardians. Family Center services are offered year round which includes a summer program.
• Individual Skills Development: This service provides a client with one-on-one coaching to work on issues of emotional awareness and regulation, anger management, life skills, social development, verbalizing emotions and expressing needs and wants. The purpose of this service is to help a client build self-esteem and self-confidence in order to interact with adults and peers in an appropriate manner.
• Group Skills Development: This service provides a client with a small group setting to practice and learn social skills related to peer interaction, as well as giving the client an opportunity to practice skills that have been developed through individual skills development and Individual counseling.
• Individual Counseling: This service, provided by our clinician, provides clients with an opportunity to work through emotional issues with a trained professional. The purpose of this service is to provide clients with an opportunity to express issues and concerns in a safe environment, as well as learn and develop tools to work through those issues in a productive way.
• Family Skills Development: An eight week or longer course designed to work with families in the Family Center and then the home to assist them in strengthening family essential skills such as; teaching families positive behavioral modifications, consequences that work for children and family, following through with consequences and holding children accountable for behaviors. This service provides a family with the support necessary to develop skills to work with a child who is experiencing behavioral problems. Our staff provides parents with tools to use with children exhibiting behavioral or emotional issues, as well as provides parents with modeling, coaching, and education for those specific tools.
• Family Center staff is available to offer in school support to clients within schools and daycares with the goal of teaching the child how to use positive behavioral modifications on their own to become successful in school.
• Family Center staff is available to provide complete wrap around services to our clients, assuring our client’s behaviors are being addressed similarly throughout the various venues a child would typically experience.
• Family Center staff is able to provide transportation to and from the Family Center, so our clients receive uninterrupted service delivery on a routine basis. We are willing to work around schedules of any other agency who is working with the child.
• Our staff is willing to provide education about behavioral disorders as well as tools, tips and strategies.
Referral to the program is quite simple, and generally only takes a phone call from the parent to the agency. As soon as the initial contact is made, parents can expect support from one of our staff through the intake and assessment process to make sure service delivery can begin as quickly as possible.